Please note that your personal details will always be kept private and confidential and at no point will your personal details be shared with third parties for no other reason than for them to perform the services they provide to CLAUDIA THE LABEL.
Claudia the Label is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customers and website visitors. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and GDPR). This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information we receive from users of the site. By using the site, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
What personal data we collect and how and why we collect it
In order to use the Claudia the Label website, we may require information from you in order to provide the best service possible. All correspondence may also be collected and stored, particularly in regard to sales, support, and accounts, including email.
We use Shopify to host our online store. You can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here. While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders. We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for 7 years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses. We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you use the contact forms on the site to contact us we collect the data shown in the contact form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection. We keep contact form submissions for a certain period for customer service purposes, but we do not use the information submitted through them for marketing purposes.
Embedded content from other websites
We use Google Analytics to collect, monitor and analyze information (log data) that your browser sends whenever you visit our site. This log data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year. If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser. When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
Who we share your data with
We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers, or subcontractors as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy. We may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- to comply with a legal requirement;
- in order to protect the copyright, trademarks, legal rights, property or safety
- in the course of storing, processing or transferring information between parties located in countries outside of Australia.
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are selling
- to Third-Party advertising partners to set tracking tools to collect information regarding your activities. We may also share such de-identified information as well as selected Personal Information (such as demographic information and past purchase history) we have collected with Third-Party advertising partners.
We share your Personal Information with Third-Party apps to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. We will not provide your personal information to third parties except as provided in this policy.
We use your personal information to provide you with targeted advertisements and marketing newsletters we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page here. If you prefer that we do not share your Personal Information with Third-Party advertising partners, you can opt out by:
- Unsubscribing to our newsletters. To unsubscribe, you can use the unsubscribe link found at the bottom of the email to opt out of receiving future emails. Note that you will continue to receive transaction-related emails regarding products or services you have requested.
- FACEBOOK - you can opt out here.
- GOOGLE - you can opt out here.
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal here.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue. For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes. We reserve the right to refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through a third-party reviews app service.
How we protect your data
The security of your personal information is very important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it however we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us, or receive from us. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Our contact information
If you have any queries or complaints about our privacy practices, please email us at email@example.com.